History in Brief
From tradition to global player
The history of Chiaphua dates back to the acquisition of Wah Ming Electric Limited in 1978 by Chiaphua Industries.
- In 1983, Wah Ming was merged into Eastern Time Limited, a subsidiary of Chiaphua Industries, as a motor division to allow for diversification into compatible technologies.
- In 1987, the motor division of ETL was restructured as Chiaphua Components Limited (CCL), a new subsidiary of Chiaphua Industries. A technical tie-up was established in 1989 with Matoba Electric Manufacturing Co. Ltd. in Japan to further enhance its manufacturing know-how.
- In 1992, CCL was spun-off as an independent company from Chiaphua Industries. With its policy of constant upgrading of product range, a subsidiary, CCL Industrial Motor Ltd. was established in 1994 to facilitate the expansion into industrial applications by CIM motors.
- In 2001, CCG pushes forward the expansion of its position in the motor markets of the United States, Europe and Asia. The combination of high quality achievements, organic growth and active response to the market brings us strong market positions in consumer, industrial and automotive markets. Today, as one of the global motor suppliers, we are present in more than 30 countries across the globe.
- In 2003, a new factory was opened at Shajing, China with an expansion of production capacity to millions of motors per month.
- In 2005, CCG established Chiaphua Components Automotive Limited (CCAL) and developed a series of PMDC motors for automotive markets.
- In 2007, a new R&D centre was established to further focus the company’s strategic goal of developing innovative products for all motion-related applications. This new R&D centre, is located at Nanshan, Shenzhen, to tap the pool of immense talent within China to create the basis for a successful repositioning as a supplier of innovative motion solutions.
- In 2008, a new business unit formed – Branded Product Division. CCG established Homelektro Limited and Nortus International Limited to create its own brand for providing solution for food waste and window treatment markets.
- In 2012, Partnership with German company to strengthen our technical know-how for automotive motors.
- In 2015, New Fengcheng plant to produce industrial motors/drivers and contract manufacturing products.
- Today, CCG has continued to develop a global sales network covering most major counties to ensure our customers receive excellent products and services.